Pages

Thursday 26 January 2012

Swans

Since day one on campus, something had been bugging me. Every time I passed by a certain field, there were these two strange pipes coming out of the ground that caught my eye, mainly because I thought they were swans at first. I thought to myself, wow, why would there be swans in the middle of this field? I laughed at the ridiculous idea.

Soon enough, I found myself gathering supplies to make it happen. After the over night make over, I was snapping shots of them the next day when something strange started to happen; the sky started turning grey,  really quickly. I looked up and noticed smoke billowing off in the distance, and it kept coming closer, and it kept getting darker. After I finished I went home and found out the Blood Reserve just outside Lethbridge was on fire. This was the same day where the wind was so strong that the roofs of houses were coming apart, tree's were tearing in half, and debris filled the street, never settling down. Turns out my location was one location away from the next to be evacuated in the Lethbridge area, as the fire kept spreading thanks to the wind.

What a strange day to shoot.

Prior:


 After the midnight makeover:


No comments:

Post a Comment